Advertisement

Early morning fire destroys Bryan family’s home

Fire investigators say no one was home when it happened early Thursday morning.
Published: Feb. 18, 2021 at 2:55 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - A space heater left too close to a mattress started a fire that destroyed a Bryan family’s home according to Lt. Ethan Ballard of the Bryan Fire Marshal’s Office.

Ballard says a Bryan Police officer on patrol spotted the house fire in the 900 block of Clearleaf Drive around 4:15 a.m. Thursday. The officer reported the fire and multiple Bryan Fire Department crews responded to the scene. It took about an hour to extinguish the flames.

The home’s occupants, two adults and four children, were not home at the time. They were staying at a local hotel because of the winter weather, according to Lt. Ballard. He said a dog and cat died in the fire.

Ballard said the American Red Cross is assisting the family. Community members have started efforts to help the family too. A GoFundMe account has also been set up.

Hey Boxing Family.. one of our young boxers lost their home last night to a fire. They lost everything. If anyone wants to help out with donations please contact us and we will make sure his family gets it..

Posted by Bryan/College Station Boxing on Thursday, February 18, 2021

Copyright 2021 KBTX. All rights reserved.