Brookshire Brothers hosts Day 1 of KBTX Summer Hunger Food Drive
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Monday kicked off day one of the KBTX Summer Hunger Food Drive.
There are several ways to donate. You can donate by clicking here, bringing non-perishable foods you already have to the Brookshire Brothers in College Station, you can purchase a “Bag of Hope” for $10 from Brookshire Brothers or you can shop and pick up food from Brookshire Brothers to fill your own Bag of Hope.
The Bag of Hope feeds a family of four.
Some foods in high demand include Ramen noodles, Peanut Butter, crackers or meals that are easy for kids to make. Denise Kung, Food and Friends Manager or Brazos Valley Food Bank says they are more in need of nutritional food than chips and candies.
A full list of the most needed foods can be found below:
- Canned fruits, packed in light syrup or juice
- Natural applesauce
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Canned tomato, tomato sauce (low sodium)
- Canned chicken and tuna (packed in water)
- Canned stew/soups with meat and/or beans
- Chili (low in sodium)
- Beans (canned and dry)
- Pasta, spaghetti, macaroni and noodles (whole grain)
- Brown rice
- Peanut butter and almond butter
- Cereal (low in sugar)
- 100% Grain granola bars
- Oatmeal and rolled oats
- 100% Juice, canned or boxed
Copyright 2021 KBTX. All rights reserved.