Construction underway on Macey Road
BRAZOS COUNTY, Texas (KBTX) - Road and bridge crews are working to reconstruct a portion of Macey Road in Precinct Two of Brazos County.
The work spans from Tabor Road to the Little Cedar Creek Bridge.
While construction is underway, there will be lane closures. The oversized equipment may use the entire right-of-way. Personnel will be on-site to direct traffic.
The project will include:
- demolition, mixing, and reuse of existing chip seal and HMAC pavement, base and subgrade
- demolition, mixing and reinstallation of existing driveways and driveway culverts including installation of safety end treatments
- grading of proposed roadway and roadside ditches
- installation of new crossing culverts
- installation of approximately 13,685 linear feet of asphalt pavement section
- guardrail and Bridge Rail salvage and replacement
- striping and signage
- traffic control, erosion control.
If all goes to plan and the weather cooperates, the project will be complete in Summer 2024.
Copyright 2023 KBTX. All rights reserved.