Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement (s)
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Install, troubleshoot, and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Interact with vendors on purchasing of hardware and/or software.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications. Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
• Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
• Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
• Maintain and update approximately 70 devices on company network, including wireless network and system networking.
• Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
• Communicates cross – departmentally to achieve goals and responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competency Statement (s)
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school diploma or equivalent: Required
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience: Required
Computer Skills: Automotive Dealer Management Systems, Network Administration, hardware and software installation and administration
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally): Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently): Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly): Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs C
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
General office environment; controlled atmosphere.
Apply online at:http://www.gnapartners.com/client-jobs