Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position will be responsible for assisting the DE Sales and Events Manager with the selling, coordination, and planning of all in-house and contracted events and room bookings.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Assist with the coordination and planning, event set-up, execution, tear down, clean-up, and selling of in-house and contracted events
• Maintain all communication files and make sure they are up to date and accurate
• Maintain proper communication with clients regarding event preparations, deposits and records.
• Responsible for weekly pre-event consultations with the Estate General Manager
• Organize event binders with all required information
• Sell Villa rooms and Villa room blocks
• Conduct sales calls to generate future events and sales
• Assist the Marketing Department with submitting necessary Marketing Requests for in house events
• Maintain desktop publishing, including Designer Events specialized menus and presentations
• Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
• Related degree and/or 2-4 years related experience
• Ability to use a personal computer
• Experience in customer relations and customer service with events including scheduling, planning delegating tasks to provide quality service and hospitality to guests
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, eye for detail, positive motivational attitude, and ability to handle all communication between prospective vendors
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must have active TABC and Food Handler certifications at all times.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.