We have Immediate openings for Shipping & Receiving Operators! Apply at www.liquidpower.com/careers
Starting pay is $16.00/hour and a wage progression is in place to advance hourly rate.
LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc. (LSPI) is the global leader in the science of drag reduction. In 2014 LSPI was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, having previously been a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips 66. LSPI provides flow improver solutions, delivering strategic value to its customers by maximizing the flow potential of pipelines while increasing their operational flexibility, capacity and economic performance. LSPI works with companies in more than 35 countries to solve pipeline flow needs, treating more than 12 million barrels of hydrocarbon liquids a day and providing customers with a total package solution that includes flow improver products and the right injection equipment. LSPI leading brands are LiquidPower™, ExtremePower® and RefinedPower™.
LSPI consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
The Shipping & Receiving Operator works rotating 12-hour shifts to assist with the manufacture, storage and shipping of specialized flow improving products utilized in crude and refined products’ pipelines. Is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of all Shipping and Receiving activities. All associates are trained according to the area they will be assigned as part of LSPI’s Training and Development program. Reports to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate the loading & unloading process of finished product and raw materials following authorized Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Conditions (SOC).
• Emphasize Safety on a continuous basis.
• Maintain and optimize all procedures and work instructions related to their assigned process area.
• Record documentation for tracking all finished product and raw material movements using Microsoft Excel and other internal database systems.
• Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance of equipment and systems to ensure quality. Document and coordinate with maintenance specialists when needed.
• Proactively communicate regarding the need for spare parts and preventative maintenance.
• Assist in troubleshooting non-conformance products through the use of the Trouble Reports System, teamwork and collaboration to correct the situation.
• Work with the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor to identify training needs and participate in the training to improve individual progression and overall plant performance.
• Safely transfer product from tanks to trucks or trucks to tanks using truck rack facility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to perform/comply with all safety procedures including, but not limited to, maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment.
• Ability to read technical procedures and materials in English and learn computer software associated with process operations.
• Capable of multitasking and managing multiple priorities.
• Ability to work alone as needed.
• Drive continuous improvement in their specific process area, optimizing equipment efficiency, reliability, total capacity and quality levels in unison with other area teams.
Education & Experience:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a valid driver's license
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required
• Associate's degree or Technical certification from an accredited school preferred
• 1 or more years of experience working in an operating plant environment
• Previous experience with operating a forklift
• Previous experience operating valves, gauging tanks, performing maintenance on equipment
• Yard mule driving experience
• Proven safety record with loading and unloading tanker trucks
• Work rotating 12-hour shifts
• Lift and carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
• Climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment.
• Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)