LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc. (LSPI) is the global leader in the science of drag reduction. In 2014 LSPI was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, having previously been a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips 66. LSPI provides flow improver solutions, delivering strategic value to its customers by maximizing the flow potential of pipelines while increasing their operational flexibility, capacity and economic performance. LSPI works with companies in more than 35 countries to solve pipeline flow needs, treating more than 12 million barrels of hydrocarbon liquids a day and providing customers with a total package solution that includes flow improver products and the right injection equipment. LSPI leading brands are LiquidPower™, ExtremePower® and RefinedPower™.
LSPI consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
An Operator works rotating shifts to assist with the manufacture of specialized flow improving products utilized in crude and refined products pipelines. The Operator is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Process equipment. All associates are trained after hire according to the process area in-house training program. Starting pay for this position is non-negotiable $16.00 per hour. Operators report in to the Operations Manager.
• Operates Production Processes following authorized Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Conditions (SOC).
• Emphasizes Safety on a continuous basis.
• Drives continuous improvement in their specific process area, optimizing equipment efficiency, reliability, total capacity and quality levels in unison with other area teams.
• Maintains and optimize all procedures and work instructions related to each process area.
• Records documentation for tracking all aspects of production using Microsoft Excel and other internal database systems.
• Troubleshoots and performs routine maintenance of equipment and systems to ensure quality. Documents and coordinates with maintenance specialists when needed.
• Proactively communicates regarding the need for spare parts and preventative maintenance
• Assists in troubleshooting non-conformance products through the use of the Trouble Reports System, teamwork and collaboration to correct the situation.
• Works with Operations Manager to identify training needs and participate in the training to improve individual progression and overall plant performance.
• May be asked to assist in moving finished product from tanks to trucks using truck rack facility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Competencies:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Valid driver's license
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Previous experience operating a forklift
• Previous experience operating valves, gauging tanks, performing maintenance on equipment
• Willingness to perform/comply with the following:
Comply with all safety procedures and willing to maintain proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment. To read technical procedures and materials written in English and learn computer software associated with process operations
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Associate's degree or Technical certification from an accredited school
• 1 or more years of experience working in an operating plant environment
• Plant operating process knowledge
• Control Room experience
• Work rotating 12-hour shifts
• Lift and carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
• Climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment.
• Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)