LSP Transport, LLC is the private in-house trucking company of LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc. We are seeking a qualified Trailer Mechanic.
To apply, please visit www.liquidpower.com/careers
Primary responsibilities include completion of required monthly trailer preventive maintenance inspections and all necessary repairs for LSPT owned and operated equipment. When needed, this will require the replacement or repair of worn parts before the part fails, becomes unsafe, or is unable to pass a detailed inspection performed by an experienced DOT inspector. The Trailer Mechanic will collaborate with other mechanics when help is needed on any project in the shop. Also accountable for the input of all repair records, parts used, time spent, etc. into our TMW computer-based software program. Will also support all other terminal operations as needed and directed by LSPT supervisor and management.
This job has non-traditional work days with a desired schedule of 10 hours per day Friday through Monday.
• Experience with air brake systems – diagnostics and completion of repairs for both disc and drum brakes.
• A thorough working knowledge of Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS).
• Able to perform detailed DOT inspections.
• Perform routine scheduled maintenance service on tank, van, and drop-deck trailers.
• Able to diagnose issues and failures, and complete full range of repairs on mechanical, electrical and other systems on tank, van, and drop-deck trailers.
• Perform maintenance and repairs of various types of valves used on trailers – including, but not limited to, cleaning, repairing, reassembling, and/or removal/replacement.
• High School degree with applicable experience. Minimum 1-2 years performing trailer, or similar equipment, maintenance.
• Highly developed analytical skills.
• Demonstrated individual initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work with little direct supervision (once training completed).
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work well with diverse workforce
• Steel and stainless steel welding experience is a plus. TIG/MIG welding of aluminum is highly preferred.
• Proving meters on trailers – training will be provided.
• Ability to remove/apply decals.
• Associate’s Degree and/or professional certificates a plus.
• Benefits begin Day 1
• Medical, Prescription Drug Plan, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation (early as 6 mos.)
• Matching 401 k (Up to 6%)
• Safety Bonus up to 5%
• 11 Paid Holidays
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer