KBTX News 3 is looking for an experienced journalist with a proven track record of leadership and community involvement to anchor the Brazos Valley’s dominant #1 morning newscast. As the Brazos Valley’s most trusted source for news, KBTX prides itself on leadership on air, online and in our community.
Our anchors are leaders in the newsroom, lending a hand to other journalists while developing multiplatform content of their own. Their leadership extends outside of work, too, where they are expected embrace the people and culture of the Brazos Valley, becoming involved in local organizations and nonprofits.
The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment and is willing to do what it takes to get the best story. Anchors are expected to regularly create compelling original content, develop story ideas and sources, and work with producers to generate innovative, interesting newscasts.
Regular responsibilities include:
• Anchor daily newscasts, as well as breaking news cut-ins
• Regularly report for KBTX newscasts
• Development of sources and stories within the community
• Engaging with viewers in the community and over social media
• Work with producers and journalists to grow their skills
• Produce special reports and projects throughout the year
• Make community appearances on behalf of the station
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years of anchor/reporting experience
• Degree in broadcast journalism or related field
• Strong, demonstrated news judgment
• Superior writing and copy editing skills
• Proficiency in story creation and newscast production
• Working knowledge of AP ENPS
Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, and must maintain a professional attitude at all times. This position requires availability to work all shifts and may require holiday work.
E-mail your written resume and a link to your resume reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include how you found out about this position. Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.