The Automotive Technician I, is responsible for maintaining and repairing gasoline-engine vehicles and equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years experience in repair and maintenance of gasoline-engine vehicles and equipment.
Required Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
· Valid vehicle driver license and good driving record.
· Must be able to obtain State of Texas class "B" vehicle driver license (Commercial driver License with passenger endorsement and air brakes endorsement) within 45 days of employment.
· Must obtain State of Texas Vehicle Inspections license within 60 days of employment.
· ASE certification in at least one related specialty.
· This position will be covered by DOT regulations and will be in a random drug and alcohol testing pool.
· Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Relevant vocational training in repair and maintenance of gasoline-engine vehicles.
Preferred Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
· Commercial vehicle operator's license with passenger endorsement and air brakes endorsement.
· Valid Texas State Inspections license.
Rate of Pay:
· Performs skilled tasks in the general maintenance and repair of automotive equipment including servicing, adjusting and repair of engines and all vehicle components.
· Uses Brake Lathe, Tire mounting, Tire Balancing, Battery/Alternator/Charging System Analyzer, Diagnostic Engine Scanner, TAVIS State Inspection computerized system, Automotive Air Conditioning Refrigerant and Recycling equipment.
· Identifies parts required for repair. Completes and updates computerized service orders. Uses computer to obtain vehicle repair information. Assures shop area is kept clean.
· Transportation Services is committed to providing courteous, responsive, quality service to our customers by fostering a respectful, positive, and welcoming environment for all.
· Employees are responsible for the following: representing the department to internal and external customers by actively supporting diversity; maintaining 100% on time compliance with all university required training for all employees; approving time worked and requesting appropriate leave in a timely manner; reading and responding to e-mail; reviewing/reading information listed on the department intranet; performing assigned tasks in a safe manner and utilizing personal protective items/equipment as appropriate or instructed by supervisor or department; reporting unsafe actions or conditions to supervisor immediately and supporting and following unit/department safety guidelines, practices and policies.
· Persons in this position will be required to drive state vehicles to travel to various parts of campus and are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc.
· Assist by driving a DOT regulated vehicle in test driving, recovery of disabled vehicles, delivery of vehicles, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: To apply, please visit:
Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.