Under the general direction of the Business Services Manager, the Asset Management Program Manager is responsible for the overall design, management and implementation of a comprehensive Public Works Asset Management Program that will provide advanced financial expertise for annual work plans, operations and maintenance replacement schedules, performance metrics and program forecasting for divisions within Public Works including Streets, Drainage, Landscape and Irrigation Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance, Solid Waste and Recycling, Capital Projects, Environmental Compliance, Traffic Engineering, Traffic Signs & Markings and Traffic Signals.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
1. Serve as departmental technical expert for the asset management/work order management system, providing technical support and training to the department’s end users; analyzing and identifying needs, priorities and areas requiring action; and collaborating with end users to identify reporting and query needs in an effort to streamline and improve asset management/work order management operations.
2. Lead and manage the implementation of operations and maintenance asset management programs utilizing asset management/work order management systems, to include but not limited to, designing work order templates; managing labor, materials, equipment and other related assets; and executing and monitoring asset acquisition, maintenance and disposal in accordance with respective approved departmental policies and procedures.
3. Collect, analyze, and report on department-wide financial data recommending spending and cost control plans through life cycle costing, forecasting, performance dashboards, annual work plans, and budget reporting to senior staff for Public Works operational divisions.
4. Manage Public Works GIS staff to include hiring, training, coaching and evaluating staff performance.
5. Work closely with the Public Works GIS staff to ensure that departmental Geographical Information System data for the City’s roadway, storm water, drainage, traffic management, capital projects, environmental compliance and city facility assets are up-to-date and accurate.
6. Perform quality assurance and quality control testing on work order entry to ensure that data is accurate and inputted in a timely manner.
7. Develop and maintain best management practices for an industry accredited agency, standard operating procedures and strategic initiatives to meet all Federal, State and Local government requirements and standards as needed.
8. Function as the Asset Management Program subject matter expert for Public Works.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Management, Finance, Information Technology, Business or related field; and five (5) years’ experience related to area of assignment, including (1) one year of supervisory or lead experience; or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
Knowledge of principles and practice of asset management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and statistical analysis
Valid Class C driver’s license and a safe driving record
Ability to respond as needed to Emergency Response
Master’s degree in Operations Management, Management, Finance, Information Technology, Business or related field.
Working knowledge of Azteca Cityworks or other asset management systems, Financial or Fleet management systems.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Geographical Information Systems