Looking to hire a CDL Instructor for our growing training Center
Black Wolf CDL Training Center is currently seeking a highly motivated CDL Instructor. This position requires working 7 days (a flexible schedule available), responsibility, confidentiality and dress code adherence.
You are the person for this position if you can cope with unexpected changes to student schedules, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients.
This is a high paced, goal-orientated environment where patience is a must!
1. Must have a valid CDL A License with X endorsement.
2. Three years or more verifiable CDL A Truck-Trailer experience (current/recent).
3. High School Diploma, GED or Higher Education.
4. Current DOT Medical Certificate and be able to pass a dot drug screen.
5. Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion
6. Must be able to empathize with student, address grievances, and mitigate potential issues
7. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparing and delivering instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
• Maintaining accurate and complete records of student progress and development
• Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, policies and school regulations.
• Maintaining a daily attendance sheet
• Meet all Curriculum requirements for instructing individuals in the range
• Cover all areas of instruction according to the Training Center curriculum
• Pre-Trip Inspections
• Straight line backing
• Off-set backing (driver-side and blind-side)
• Parallel parking (driver-side and blind-side)
• Shifting a ten-speed transmission up and down
• Lane centering, lane changes and freeway driving
• Performing right and left turns
• Maneuvering tight situations and turns, including multiple lane turns
• Hazard perception, visual search and sign recognition
• Maintain student attendance and grading records
• Promote safe and friendly learning environment
• Keep equipment, classrooms, and training grounds clean and well maintained
• Assess student learning abilities through formative and summative evaluation techniques
• Inform Training Center Director of student issues such as: behavioral, academic, or personal
• Provide remediation training
• Follow the syllabus and lessons set forth by the Training Center Director.
• Assure that students meet all skill/course outcomes as shown in the Syllabus
• Attend mandatory professional development sessions
• Perform other duties as assigned
1. Veteran a plus
2. Spanish a plus
3. Any teaching experience a plus
Salary will be based on experience. Bonus structure for student success.
Black Wolf CDL Training Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Please email a complete resume with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org