We currently have a vacancy for an eager, self-driven, and results focused Software Engineer to be part of our dynamic specialist team. This person will be dedicated to designing, developing and implementing software to support our advanced battery testing systems. This person will work in an agile environment while collaborating with highly skilled people who are proactive, passionate about technology and results driven.
• Responsible for designing, coding, and implementing software solutions using modern techniques and programming language.
• Provides high-level database development assistance in creating specific applications for businesses.
• Ensures research and innovation at all levels of the software development process.
• May participate in multiple projects simultaneously as a senior development team member.
• Works harmoniously in a cross-functional team comprising managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel, network staff, and other developers in ensuring the delivery of software solutions as planned, within set budget, and timely.
• Provides excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with help desk calls to resolving issues.
• Performs administrative duties as well as some project management tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Software application development skills with a minimum of 5 years’ specific experience with design and implementation of large and complex engineering applications
• Possess extensive experience with Transact-SQL
• Experience working with Microsoft’s .Net Framework and Visual Studio
• Experience working with MS SQL Server, NoSQL DBA, and MySQL
• Experience in multiple software languages, e.g. C# and C++
• Experience in GUI design by WPF or others
• Experience in programming with data communication protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP
• Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies.
• Ability to apply an object-oriented programming language in creating applications.
• Strong knowledge of systems and software development lifecycles; application integration techniques; and relational database design.
• Sound knowledge and experience working with software application and database design ideas.
• Passion and dedication to your job.
• Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude.
• Self-motivated, independent and comfortable working in a team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately and organize work assignments to meet established timelines.
• Strong communication, computer, technical documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.