KBTX News 3 is seeking an experienced digital manager to serve as the station’s Director of Digital Content.
The Director of Digital Content will oversee KBTX.com and a robust group of social platforms. They are responsible for supervising and coordinating KBTX’s digital platforms with a focus on maintaining the station’s leading edge in digital content.
A successful candidate will develop and implement a fluid digital strategy focused on growing available content and audience.
The Director of Digital Content will work side-by-side with news management, producers, anchors and reporters. The DCD will be responsible for training staff, establishing best practices and creating an environment that actively engages all newsroom employees in digital and social participation through accountability.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Significant experience in digital analytics and planning for digital content
• A proven record of success in production and distribution of digital content
• Proven leadership skills and excellent news judgment
• Success in growing an organization’s social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
• Strong writing skills and a background in digital news
• A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the stations’ outreach through coverage of impactful events to the greater region we serve
• A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• Ability to work with all digital specialists to ensure social media growth
• Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
The Director of Digital Content works within the news department and reports to the News Director.
Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, and must maintain a professional attitude at all times. This position requires availability to work all shifts and may require holiday work.
E-mail your written resume and a link to your resume reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include how you found out about this position. Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.