Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
Transportation Services is an empowered team of professionals dedicated to providing efficient, dynamic and innovative fleet, parking and transit services to the community. We support the teaching, research and public service mission of Texas A&M University, with focus on customer service and communication.
For more information about us, visit our website: http://transport.tamu.edu
What we want
The Assistant Manager, Transportation is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of the Parking Services Unit to include enforcement and garage operations. We need an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Four years administrative experience, to include three years supervisory experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid driver’s license. Must be able to obtain State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license within 30 days of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to identify work priorities. Advanced skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to function without perceivable supervision.
• Ability to accomplish objectives through the development and utilization of personnel.
• Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
• Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, work in the heat and cold, and work non-traditional hours to include some nights, weekends, holidays and all home football games.
• Schedule will be either 8am-5pm; 10am-7pm; or 11am-8pm.
• Schedule options and needs will be discussed during the interview but ultimately the manger will assign the shift based on the needs of the unit.
• Five years supervisory experience.
Rate of Pay: $44,912.00 - $57,740.80
• Responsible for selecting, orienting, training, motivating, and retaining staff capable of meeting current and projected human resource needs for the unit. Plans, schedules, and monitors staff, including responsibility for coordinating/assigning and scheduling leave.
• Charged with ensuring adequate staffing for meeting unit goals to include interviewing and hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations, probationary reviews, and annual evaluations. Provides employees with operational feedback. Responsible for approving time worked and leave requests for full-time employees.
• Assists the Manager for Parking Services in all enforcement services matters to include the following: oversees and assists with the towing and booting of vehicles to accomplish directives; assists in the development and implementation of plans for the parking needs of special events, conferences, visiting dignitaries, etc.; prepares regular reports concerning replacement or enhancement of painting and signage; responsible for monitoring the units budget and assisting the manager in the preparation of the annual budget; assists in the coordination, design, and preparation of annual parking map and the departments rules and regulations; and conducts long range planning activities, estimates required service levels and anticipates labor requirements. These duties require operating a university vehicle.
• Represents the department on committees and at meetings around the campus. Confers with students and employees about Texas A&M University traffic and parking policies and regulations. Ability to network with local agencies such as, but not limited to DPS, Sheriff's office, State Department Security, College Station Police Department and Bryan Police Department. Provides education to staff, faculty, students and visitors regarding TAMU traffic and parking regulations.
• Assists manager in the formulation, interpretation, and implementation of departmental and unit goals, objectives and policies to ensure delivery of quality parking services; assists as the property accountability officer for the unit, and responsible for managing audit controls within unit. Promotes safety, to assure that staff in the unit follow safety policies and procedures. Provides education to staff, faculty, students and visitors regarding TAMU traffic and parking regulations. Acts as a liaison between the enforcement services unit and the Parking Appeals Panel to provide additional information on University and departmental policies and procedures.
• Transportation Services is committed to providing courteous, responsive, quality service to our customers by fostering a respectful, positive, and welcoming environment for all. Employees are responsible for the following: representing the department to internal and external customers by actively supporting diversity; maintaining 100% on time compliance with all university required training for all employees; approving time worked and requesting appropriate leave in a timely manner; reading and responding to e-mail; reviewing/reading information listed on the department intranet; performing assigned tasks in a safe manner and utilizing personal protective items/equipment as appropriate or instructed by supervisor or department; reporting unsafe actions or conditions to supervisor immediately and supporting and following unit/department safety guidelines, practices and policies.
• Persons in this position will be required to drive state vehicle to travel to various parts of campus and are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc.Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.