G & A Partners
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Development
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Promote BCS Habitat for Humanity and its mission. Plan and execute marketing strategy with the Director of Development. Use diverse media to promote affiliate (website, social media, radio, TV, news agencies etc).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
• Write press releases or other media communications to promote BCS Habitat.
• Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, staff, homeowners and board.
• Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable perceptions of an organization's accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
• Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote Habitat’s mission.
• Coach Habitat partners in effective communication skills with the public.
• Update and maintain content posted on the Web (experience with WordPress preferred).
• Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on strategic decisions.
• Prepare or edit organizational publications, such as newsletters or annual reports, for internal or external audiences.
• Coordinate public responses to environmental management incidents or conflicts.
• Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for Habitat to increase awareness or to promote goodwill.
• Develop plans or materials to communicate activities undertaken by Habitat that promote its mission.
• Prepare or deliver speeches to further Habitat’s mission.
• Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
• Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
• Plan or conduct market or public opinion research, communicating results to Director of Development.
• Develop marketing campaigns.
• Purchase advertising space or time as required to promote Habitat’s mission.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
• Quality of Work - Demonstrates competence in required job skills and knowledge; accuracy, clarity, consistency, and thoroughness of work; gives feedback for continuous improvement of work product; understanding and mastery of processes, methods, systems, and procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Persuasive - Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
• Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Marketing field
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) with experience
Experience: marketing experience with a nonprofit preferred
Computer Skills: Experience with WordPress, Social Media, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and CRM software
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
12 lbs or less O
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs N
Employee Name: Date:
Employee Signature: Date:
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Please send serious inquiries and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to
119 Lake St. Bryan, TX 77801 ATTN: Carl A. Orozco