An Ag Shop Technician will receive work direction from the Service Manager or Service Administrator. Work will be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Must be able to test for proper operation, using basic test equipment and procedures. Must be able to perform most component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following Technical Manual procedures. Must be able to safely operate all machines. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
1. Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
2. Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
3. Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines.
4. Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager.
5. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
6. Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manager, for proper and safe operation by the customer.
7. Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
8. Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
9. Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
10. Always conduct self to present a professional image of the dealership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Graduation from Technical Trade program preferred but not required.
- Ability to work on diesel engines from Tier II to Final Tier IV.
- Ability to diagnose electrical and hydraulic issues.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups.
- Ability to use personal computer and various types of diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Have a basic set of tools
WRI Outdoors and Tractors offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Candidates must have an acceptable background check and motor vehicle record and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.