Camp Invention seeking participants and sponsors for local students
Registration is available now for Camp Invention: Supercharged. It's a high-energy, hands-on STEM camp happening this summer at the Brazos School for Inquiry & Creativity.
The program is June 17-20. The goal is to turn curious students entering grades K-6 into innovative thinkers.
to learn more about the camp and to register.
After attending Camp Invention for just one week, research from the Institute for Learning Innovation found that participants experienced significant short- and long-term improvements in creativity, STEM interest, and problem-solving skills.
Unfortunately, many parents in our community who want to provide this opportunity for their children cannot afford the registration fee.
The Brazos School for Inquiry and Creativity is also seeking donors to help sponsor students who may not have the financial means to attend the camp.
to be directed to the crowdfunding page that's helping to raise money.
As one of more than 1,800 schools and districts nationwide offering Camp Invention in 2019, your support will provide local children an experience that:
- Leads children through the process of invention and teaches them that failure is a necessary point on the path to success.
- Presents children with real-world challenges that ignite creativity, inspire collaboration and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Introduces new, cutting-edge curriculum each year to ensure participants have an engaging and memorable experience.
- Exposes children to world-changing inventors in a relatable and fun way by engaging them with a superhero storyline.
- Instills the value of Intellectual Property and the roles that patents, trademarks, and copyrights play in modern business.
- Allows middle school students to gain valuable leadership experience through our Leaders-in-Training program.
- Provides local educators with professional development opportunities.