Faulty AC unit prompts fire department response to elementary school
Some from an AC unit at an elementary school prompted a response on Thursday morning by the College Station Fire Department.
College Station firefighters responded to a call of a possible fire at Creek View Elementary at 10:36 a.m.
A spokesman for the school district says smoke from a belt in an air condition unit led to the precautionary evacuation of the building as firefighters worked to make sure there was no threat or damage to the school.
Roughly twenty minutes after firefighters arrived the students and staff were allowed to return to class.