COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) Summer is almost over and back-to-school shopping is in full swing.
Recent studies show that back to school shoppers will be spending almost $27.6 billion nationwide. Stores remain in the lead with back-to-school shoppers, but online spending continues to increase.
While online shopping has gained ground in sales of school supplies, clothing, and computers, in-store sales are up for electronic gadgets.
"Overall, try to develop a list and get it all done in one shopping trip," said Kelli Hollinger of the Mays Business School.
Hollinger added, "quite often, when you extend the shopping period the more likely you are spending more."
Another great opportunity to help others get school supplies is during the Junior League of Bryan College Stations annual Stuff-The-Bus drive.
Here are a list of dates where you can drop off school supplies for those in need.
Monday, August 6 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HEB at Texas Ave and Holleman
• Tuesday, August 7 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Coldwell Banker Ag Town
• Wednesday, August 8 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Grub Burger Bar
• Thursday, August 9 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. AND 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Chick-Fil-A Bryan
• Friday, August 10 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HEB Tower Point
There are three additional ways to be a part of the Stuff the Bus school supply drive.
• Look for the bright yellow school bus boxes around Bryan-College Station and drop in any supplies you wish
to donate - a list of community partners hosting Stuff the Bus supply boxes, as well as supplies needed, can
be found at www.jlbcs.org
• Use a Stuff the Bus donation slip from the HEB tear pad at check out to give a monetary donation between
until August 10 when shopping at any of the local HEB Grocery Stores
• Make a monetary donation to Stuff the Bus school supply drive on our website at www.jlbcs.org
You can visit The Junior League of Bryan-College Station website and the original article in the related links to this story.