Focus at Four: Three dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

By  | 

LAKE BROWNWOOD, Tex. (KWTX) - A Troy man, his teenage son and his father died over the weekend when their camper filled with carbon monoxide during an outing at Lake Brownwood.

Bryan Glass, 41, his son Cody Glass, 13, both of Troy, and his father John Glass, 59, of Temple, all were found around 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon after Brown County deputies went to their deer camp near Lake Brownwood.

The three were found inside what deputies called a box trailer that had been modified into a camper.

Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill said the deaths were a result of unventilated propane heaters inside the trailer which produced a significant level of carbon monoxide inside the camper.

The bodies of all three were sent for autopsy.

Friends gathered for a balloon release to remember Cody at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday at Trojan Park.

Funeral arrangements for the three victims had not yet been set Tuesday.