BRAZOS COUNTY, Tex. (KBTX)- Mother's Day can be a day of celebrating moms, but it can be a tough time of the year for those who have lost a child.
Members of the Bryan-College Station chapter of M.E.N.D. (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) recently met and came up with 5 tips on how to help a bereaved mom on Mother's Day.
1. Tell Them Happy Mother's Day
2. Acknowledge their child is in Heaven
3. Have grace with them and allow them to not attend events, Church, etc.
4. Send them a flower, card or food.
5. Ask them before Mother's Day what they will need or want on that day.
M.E.N.D. is a Christian non-profit organization that provides support services for families who have experienced the death of a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death. We have 9 chapters in 5 states and offer a variety of support services for families. Additionally, we offer training opportunities for healthcare providers to help them better care for families when a loss occurs. Visit our website to learn more.