News 3 at Noon: BBB Wise Giving for the Holidays
The holidays aren't just about buying and receiving gifts, it's also about helping others.
But before giving back, you want to make sure your hard-earned dollars are going to the right place.
Lauren Galley with the Better Business Bureau joined News 3 at Noon on Monday to offer advice on wise giving.
Tips to ensure your contributions are legitimate:
• Watch out for name similarities
• Avoid on the spot donations from unfamiliar organizations
• Be wary of emotional appeals
• Avoid charities that don't disclose
• Rely on standards-based evaluations
For more information on the BBB WGA Give.org Donor Trust Report, visit give.org/donortrust. For more wise giving tips, visit go.bbb.org/givingtips.