COLLEGE STATION - If you are counting down until the Aggies kick off the season against UCLA, Texas A&M Transportation Institute and the Aggie athletic department have some tips that can make your trip to Kyle field smooth.
Niko Walden is a sophomore at A&M and says he is already prepping for the Aggies' first game.
"You'll probably hear me more than the football players. I'm actually about to go get some special gear from the store right now,” said Walden.
Game day attire aside, TTI hopes fans will plan their route into campus Saturday.
Tim Lomax with TTI says the Destination Aggieland app is a great starting point for a better game day experience. Users can pay for parking on the app, and view shuttle service and traffic.
"Make sure you bring your things in a clear bag. That's a new change for this year, and then, check your travel route and your travel options before you get to campus. We have a lot of shuttle buses that can get you here, and there are a lot of different places to park,” said Lomax.
Walden says taking part in Aggie game days is a tradition for his family.
"I am the seventh Aggie in my family. People go to church religiously or they do something religiously. This is what we do religiously. Every week, we are here. Every home game, we are here,” said Walden.
Lomax says regardless of whether you've gone to 100 games or this is your first, spectators can expect changes.
The newly-built Cain parking garage will bring 1,400 spots near Kyle Field, and if you are not driving, there's a special drop-off and pick-up area by the stadium.
"Cell service typically crashes around the outside of the stadium after the game, so if you want a ride in either a cab or an Uber, go to Lot 30 E,” said Lomax.
Lomax says all changes made this year were to create a more safe and efficient game day so fans can focus on cheering on the Aggies.
Here are some tips Texas A&M Transportation Services has for fans coming to Kyle Field Saturday.
HELPFUL MOBILE APPS
• Destination Aggieland—The official game day app that provides pre- and post-game traffic and parking information. Use the Destination Aggieland app to learn about reserving and paying for parking, bus routes, traffic, community dining, hotel and entertainment venues, campus tailgating—and more. Download the app through in the iPhone and Android app stores or click "Destination Aggieland" from gameday.aggieathletics.com
• m.tamu.edu—Provides access to game day shuttle routes via the Transportation & Parking tab.
• ParkMe—To prepay for game day parking before you arrive on campus.
• Twitter—Transportation Services will distribute game day information and updates via the following social media accounts:
• Parking is available for fans attending the game, but availability has changed. Please review 2016 Football Season Parking Map and Football Parking Areas to see what is different.
• NEW— Cain Garage which is the newest parking garage on campus offers prepay parking at the north end zone of Kyle Field. Parking can be purchased through the Destination Aggieland mobile app.
• Fans can also park near Bush Library, Bonfire Memorial off University Drive, Northside Garage, or on Agronomy Road and Pay $20 and $25 cash.
• For easy access to paid parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 or Hwy 6 to University Drive (Raymond Stotzer Parkway/Hwy 60).
• For easy access to 12th Man parking, fans are encouraged to access parking via FM 2818 to George Bush Drive.
• Additional gameday parking has been added this season in Lot 50 and on Agronomy Road.
• Remember, free game day shuttles run throughout campus from parking areas so catch a ride to the game on the Aggie Spirit bus after you park your car.
• Game Day Shuttle Routes on and off-campus (See schedule for operating times).
• Get to the Grid (Operates 3.5 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game) Free game day express shuttle is located at American Momentum Plaza (1 Momentum Blvd., College Station, TX 77845)
• Downtown Bryan Gameday Shuttle (Operates 3 hours pre-game and 1.5 hours post game)— Have a bite to eat, do a little shopping, and take in the sights and sounds of Historic Downtown Bryan. Then hop on the free shuttle on Regent Street across from the Clara B. Mounce Public Library to Kyle Field for the game. Downtown Bryan Info and
Game Weekend Activities Map Traffic
Learn Your Route!
• Ongoing construction in the area has resulted in some changes to traffic and parking patterns in the nearby area. For example, there are more roads closed near Kyle Field pre- and post-game and some community intersection closures after the game to help speed traffic flow.
NEW— Old Main/West Lamar/Stallings Blvd. closed 3 hours pre- and 1.5 hour post-game.
NEW— Coke Street closed at Lewis Street 1.5 hour post-game.
Arrive Early, Stay Late
• NEW— Looking for a taxi, Uber, or other ride share service after the game? The new post-game ride share pick up area will be located in Lot 30e. Check out the Destination Aggieland app for additional details.
• Kyle Field crowds continue to grow so fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal to help ensure you are arrive in time for the game.
• Tailgating is allowed in various locations on game days throughout campus. Learn everything you need to know about tailgating for football games Kyle Field Tailgate Information
Beat the Heat and Hydrate!
• Begin hydrating the night before gameday to stay well hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the game.
• Fans are permitted to bring one sealed bottle of water into Kyle Field.
• Wear loose and cool clothing and apply at least SPF15 sunscreen often and protect your face and head with a brimmed hat. Protect your eyes with sunglasses.
• Cool Zones are located on the East side (1st, 2nd & 3rd Decks) and West side (3rd Deck) of Kyle Field. (Beat the Heat!)
CLEAR BAG POLICY
• Texas A&M has enacted the clear bag policy for all Texas A&M Athletics home events throughout the 2016-17 academic year. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the stadium.
• LARGE BAGS: If fans are bringing bags to a home athletic event, bags must be clear and not exceed 12" (by 6" by 12") or be a clear 1 gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5" tall X 3.4" wide.
• SMALL BAGS: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas.
For additional information on the clear bag policy and transportation information, please click the web sites under the related links section on the side of this web page!