Rock Prairie Baptist Church will be hosting a rededication ceremony at the original site of their church on Sunday, August 28th at 11:45 a.m.
The public is invited to the brief ceremony and unveiling of the Texas Historical Marker for the church which has been reinstalled at the traffic circle on Scott & White Drive.
The ceremony also commemorates the 125th anniversary of the donation of one acre of land “for the purpose of building upon same a house to be used as a School House & Church”, by Adam Royder.
He signed the deed to the trustees of the Wellborn School District on August 28, 1891, and also provided wood and labor for the construction of the building.
The original school house served Rock Prairie Baptist Church and the local community for over 100 years of Faith and dedication to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The building was relocated to the Millican area in 2008. Rock Prairie Baptist Church continues its dedication of Faith and Service to the community at its new location at 5000 Rock Prairie Road.
At the rededication ceremony, brief comments will be addressed by Brother Johnny Sloan and other members of Rock Prairie Baptist Church, and by the Brazos County Historical Commission.