COLLEGE STATION -- Aggie Basketball Game #23:
Texas A&M (9-13, 2-8 SEC) vs Georgia (10-13, 1-9 SEC)
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019 • 6:00 p.m. (CT)
Reed Arena (12,989) • College Station, Texas
TELEVISION: SEC Network
Dave Neal, Play-by-Play
Andy Kennedy, Commentary
RADIO: Texas A&M Radio Network/1620 AM (Bryan-College Station)
Andrew Monaco, Play-by-Play
John Thornton, Commentary
SATELLITE RADIO: Sirius: 98/XM: 192/Internet: 963
LIVE AUDIO/STATS: 12thman.com/live
LIVE MOBILE LIVE STATS: tamustats.com
The Texas A&M men's basketball team returns home after a week on the road to host Georgia Tuesday night. A&M is looking to remain in the win column after avenging Missouri on the road, 68-59, Saturday evening. Junior Wendell Mitchell recorded his sixth 20-point game of the season as he led the Aggies past the Tigers to snap a three-game skid. Georgia will arrive in Texas aiming to get back on track after dropping its fourth straight over the weekend. The Bulldogs fell at home to Ole Miss, 80-64 Saturday afternoon. Tickets for the game are available here.
Texas A&M Quick Hits
• Wendell Mitchell led the Aggies with 20 points at Missouri, hitting the 20-point mark for the fourth time in six games.
• Mitchell has come into his own in SEC play, leading the Aggies with 14.9 ppg and 18 steals (1.8 spg).
• TJ Starks bounced back at Missouri, adding 15 points off the bench ... He has scored in double figures in five of the last six games.
• Christian Mekowulu recorded his first double-double as an Aggie with 15 and 10 at Missouri.
• Josh Nebo recorded his third double-double of the season, second in the last three games he has played, after finishing with 14 points and 10 rebounds at Ole Miss.
• Nebo's 52 blocks on the year are more than double any other Aggie's total and good for second in the SEC (2.5), 13th in the nation.
• The Aggies saw four players score in double figures at Missouri, marking the fifth time this has happened this season.
• A&M came back from being down at the half to claim victory for the third time this season after trailing 30-21 at Missouri.
• Tuesday will be the eighth all-time meeting between the Aggies & Bulldogs on the hardwood ... The two teams have only ever met as members of the SEC as Georgia has the slight edge in the series, 4-3.
• Last season, A&M snuck out of Athens with a 61-60 win over Georgia behind a strong effort from TJ Starks, who led the way with 15 points, seven rebounds and four assists, also hitting the go-ahead bucket with under a minute to play.
• Georgia took the first three meetings in the series before the Aggies began their most recent three-game win streak against the Bulldogs.
• Texas A&M floor general Billy Kennedy is 3-4 against the Bulldogs, while Georgia's Tom Crean has never faced the Aggies in his 19-year head coaching career.
Back-To-Back From Beyond The Arc
• The Aggies knocked down double-digit threes in back-to-back games for the first time this season after hitting a season-high 12 against Tennessee, and tallying 11 the next time out at Ole Miss.
• Sophomore Brandon Mahan helped lead the charge, shooting 90.0-percent from beyond the arc through the two games (10-11).
• A&M also shot a season-best 47.8-percent from range against the Rebels (11-23).
Two For 20
• Two Aggies reached the 20-point mark in the same game for the fourth time this season as sophomore Brandon Mahan and junior Wendell Mitchell added 20 and 23 points, respectively at Ole Miss.
• Mahan went 6-of-7 from beyond the arc to match his season best against the Rebels, while Mitchell put together a complete game to lead the Aggies for the sixth time this season.
• Against then-No. 14 Auburn, sophomore Savion Flagg knocked down a career-high four threes to reach 20-plus points for the fourth time this season, while Mitchell went off for 16 of his 22 in the first half, and finished 9-of-10 from the free throw line against the Tigers.
• A&M started conference play seeing two Aggies score 20-plus points in the same game for the second time this season, as Flagg and classmate TJ Starks led the team in the opener.
• Flagg recorded his second double-double of the season, finishing with 20 points and 15 boards, while Starks matched his career high with 23 points, 17 coming in the second half.
• The first time two Aggies put up 20 points in the same game was when Brandon Mahan and Christian Mekowulu set season highs with 20 points apiece in the win over Valpo.
• Mahan knocked down four of his seven attempts from beyond the arc in the game, while Mekowulu went 8-for-9 from the field.