GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Chelsea Dungee scored seven of her 17 points in the fourth quarter to help 10th-seeded Arkansas beat No. 15 Texas A&M 58-51 on Saturday night and advance to its first SEC tournament championship game.
Jailyn Mason added 15 points and Alexis Tolefree scored 11 for Arkansas. The Razorbacks (20-13), the lowest seed to make it to the SEC final, will play No. 5 and top-seeded Mississippi State in Sunday's championship game.
Raven Northcross-Baker, Alexis Tolefree and Jailyn Mason hit consecutive 3-pointers before Mason made two free throws to give Arkansas its first lead at 52-51 with 3:03 to play. Texas A&M sandwiched two turnovers around a 3 by Dungee before Taylah Thomas and Dungee combined to make 3 of 4 from the free-throw line to cap a 17-0 closing run.
Ciera Johnson had 18 points and 11 rebounds while N'dea Jones added 14 points and 14 boards for No. 3 seed Texas A&M (24-7). Chennedy Carter, the SEC's leading scorer at 22.5 points per game, did not play due to a broken finger suffered in a 66-53 win over Arkansas in the regular-season finale on March 3.
The Aggies scored 17 of the game's first 19 points and led by as many as 16 in the first half.
Jones hit two free throws to give the Aggies a 49-38 lead with 8:05 left in the game but they were 1-for-6 shooting with eight turnovers from there as Arkansas scored 20 of the final 22 points.
· Texas A&M falls to 24-7 on the season, while Arkansas advances to the SEC Championship game at 20-13 overall
· Texas A&M is 10-6 all-time in SEC Tournaments, and 1-4 in SEC Semifinals
· Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair is 381-158 in 16 seasons in Aggieland. He is 789-321 in his Hall of Fame career, which ranks seventh among active coaches in career wins
· Had her second career 20-point, 10-rebound game
· Had her 10th double-double of the season
· Remains in seventh on Texas A&M’s career list with nine career double doubles
· Scored in double figures for the 24th time this season, including both games of the SEC Tournament, and the 26th time in her collegiate career
· Had her 10th game of 10+ rebounds this season
· Set the Texas A&M sophomore rebound record with 356 rebounds
· Moves into third on Texas A&M’s single-season rebound list, passing Anriel Howard (2016-17, 354 rebounds)
· Had her ninth double-double of the season, and her second of the SEC Tournament
· She is eighth in Texas A&M history with nine career double doubles
· Scored 10+ points for the ninth time this season, including both games of the SEC Tournament
· Had 10+ rebounds for the 21st time this season and the ninth time in 10 games
· Had her 25th game of 10+ points this season, including both games of the SEC Tournament
· Missed the game with a fractured little finger on her right hand