COLLEGE STATION -- The No. 11 Texas A&M women's basketball team returns home to open SEC action at Reed Arena as it hosts Ole Miss on Monday, Jan. 6 at 6 p.m. The Aggies are coming off a road battle at No. 20 Arkansas, where they edged out the Razorbacks to earn an 84-77 victory. Ole Miss enters the week at 7-7 on the year and is in search of its first conference win of the season after falling, 58-51, to Georgia to begin SEC play.
About the Matchup
• Monday marks the 11th meeting between the Aggies and Rebels, as Texas A&M leads the all-time series 8-2, sitting at 4-0 against Ole Miss in College Station.
• The Aggies won the first five meetings after joining the SEC in 2012-13, but fell on the road in 2017.
• A&M has won the last two matchups with the Rebels, including a 72-60 win in Oxford last season.
• Head coach Gary Blair boasts a 13-10 all-time record against Ole Miss, earning a victory in his only meeting with Rebel head coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin.
• Junior guard Chennedy Carter currently sits in fourth place on A&M's all-time career scoring list ... She recorded her seventh straight 20-point game at No. 20 Arkansas, finishing with 28 to move her career total to 1,817.
• Carter sits atop the SEC's scoring list and ranks fifth in the nation, averaging 23.2 points per game on the season.
• Carter is in the midst of a multi-season double-figure scoring streak that now spans 53 games ... She has scored in double figures in 78 of her 79 career games.
• Junior guard Kayla Wells has scored in double figures in eight of the last nine games after putting up 15 in the win at No. 20 Arkansas.
• Senior guard Shambria Washington ranks second in the SEC, averaging 4.9 assists per game, and has the fourth-best assist/turnover ratio in the conference (2.5).
• Junior forward N'dea Jones ranks third in the SEC, grabbing 10.4 rebounds per game.
• Head Coach Gary Blair became the fifth active head coach to surpass 800 wins in his head coaching career after a 72-43 win over Houston on Dec. 15.
• A&M is in the midst of an eight-game win streak, marking it's longest run since winning 11 straight during the 2014-15 season.
• The Aggies have limited their opponents to 49-or-fewer points on six occasions this season, most recently in their 85-48 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
• A&M has forced the opposition to shoot under 40-percent from the field in 10 of the team's 14 games this season.
Carter Scoring Streak
• Junior guard Chennedy Carter has scored in all 78 games of her career and has scored in double figures in 52 consecutive games.
• During this streak she has compiled 11 30-point games, including a career high 46 points at USC as a freshman.
• So far in her junior season she has surpassed the 20-point mark in 11 games.
• She is the only Aggie in program history to average 20+ ppg in multiple seasons.
Washington Lends Helping Hand
• Shambria Washington sits in second in the SEC averaging 4.9 assists per game and ranks fourth with a 2.5 assist/turnover ratio.
• The senior has dished out five-or-more assists in seven games this season, tallying a season-best nine helpers against Duke.
• Washington has limited her mistakes, committing two-or-fewer turnovers in eight games this season.
• Washington did not turn the ball over in 32 minutes on the court at Rice and also had zero mishaps in 30 minutes of action against the Islanders.
• Junior forwards N'dea Jones and Ciera Johnson rank among the top rebounders and scorers in the SEC, respectively.
• Jones has dominated the boards and ranks third in the SEC with 10.4 rebounds per game, while sitting in ninth nationally in total rebounds (145).
• Jones has grabbed double figure rebounds in eight games this season, recording a double-double on four occasions.
• Johnson also ranks in the top 10 in the league in rebounding (7.2), while also boasting the fifth-best shooting percentage in the SEC (.561).
• Johnson has scored in double figures 11 times this season, earning a double-double all four times she has brought down double digit rebounds.
Watch and Listen to the Aggies
• Saturday's game will air on SEC Network with Brenda VanLengen and Christy Thomaskutty calling the action.
• The radio call of the game will be available in the Bryan-College Station area on 1150 AM and 93.7 FM. Describing the action are Tom Turbiville (play-by-play) and Bret Dark (analyst).