Sponsored - The following content is created on behalf of Central Texas Endoscopy Center and does not reflect the opinions of Gray Media or its editorial staff. To learn more about Central Texas Endoscopy Center, visit https://centraltexasendoscopy.com/
Central Texas Endoscopy Center is a proud partner of StopColonCancerNow.com, a community of more than 1,000 gastroenterologists nationwide who have joined forces to promote education and awareness about colon cancer screening and prevention. We are working together to:
- Save lives through colon cancer prevention
- Educate at-risk patients about colon cancer screening
- Address misconceptions about colonoscopy, the most effective procedure to prevent and detect colon cancer
- Provide a credible resource for physicians and nurses through our referring physician portal
- Energize survivors, patients, caregivers and family members to share their stories
March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the month of March, we raise awareness for colon cancer by encouraging at-risk patients to prevent colon cancer by completing or scheduling a colonoscopy.
You may be wondering when to schedule your first colonoscopy, and it might be sooner than you think. In May 2018, the American Cancer Society revised the recommended age for a first-time colon cancer screening to 45, due to an increased incidence of the disease among people under age 55.
Take steps to protect your health TODAY. Now is the time to schedule! Click Here to request an appointment.